Wednesday, April 4

A Sample For You

Ok so here is a sample of the type of email I often get:

Hello,
I am in Pennsylvania and am wanting to start a non profit coffee house across the street from Faber College to impact the campus. I was wanting to get some more info on what you guys are doing or any tips in getting started.

John Blutarsky


To be honest I do not even know how to best reply to an email like that. That is a very big question they are asking. I have toyed with the idea of a form letter for these types of emails but then that seems a bit arogant. I do want to help other people and like the idea of more places like Joe's being created around the world. I suspect people do not realize what they are asking. And there is not a book to be found on starting a non profit coffee shop. (yet)

On to other news... The walls of Everyday Joe's are bare. They have been for 4 days now. And we who work here everyday all day hear about it constantly. "Where is the art?" people ask. People have grown to depend on it, to need it. I love it. The art here has become such a part of this place. It is noticed the instant it is gone.

Not to worry though. Art is on the way.

2 comments:

Alexander said...

Because life without art, music, and coffee isn't life at all.

Amy said...

If we ever get our designation maybe we should write a book on how to become a not for profit coffee shop? It can include inspirational stories of the day-to-day miracles that happen when you, as you put it, "keep the lights on, the coffee flowing and get out of the way!"