Friday, December 22

The Blizzard of 2006

It snowed. It snowed a lot.

We shovel. We shovel a lot.

Now we slowly start to begin life again. Just in time for a long Christmas weekend. Everyday Joe's closed Wednesday around 1pm so volunteers would be able to get home safely. And we remained closed Thursday.

My wife and I came down Thursday afternoon and cleared a path on the sidewalk. And to our doors. Old town had a few people out but seemed to be mostly people out just to be out. There was not much getting done in the world we live in yesterday.

This morning I walked in to work because biking, my normal mode, was just not going to happen. I was able to walk down Mountain Avenue without a single car passing me. And when I got into Old Town it was full of dumptrucks, dozers, backhoes, and graders working on the snow. Most sidewalks were clear though some of our neighbors have not shoveled. And after seeing a few people having trouble getting into the sidewalk I cleared a path to the street. So at least our little spot on the world has a path.

Business today has been slow. That was expected. But we have been able to provide coffee to a few souls who ventured out this morning. Now it is sunny and hopefully warming up a bit. Maybe more people will get out as the day goes on.

No comments: