Wednesday, December 27

This Strange Week

Ever notice how the week between Christmas and New Years is sort of strange? How productive are you being this week? Be honest. And for me it has always been a little strange due to my birthday being on the 27th. So I have Christmas, birthday, and New Years all in one week. Not really a good recipe for a normal productive week.

Today is the 2nd time in my life I've had to work on my birthday. The first time was my 21st birthday and I was in the Army deployed in Somalia. There were no real days off while on that deployment. Other than that I have always managed to avoid work and school on my birthday. One benefit to having it so close to Christmas. I am working today because Chris who normally holds down the fort on Wednesdays is on his way to Iowa for Christmas with the family.

I'll admit I was tempted to be closed today. But that would be a bit selfish. Though it has been really slow all day. And we are closing at 6pm this week. When the students are gone we do not have much business in the evenings. So I figured it would be good to give the volunteers a break from working though the holidays.

Now there is snow in the forecast again. The rumors are flying. Today I've heard everything from 2 inches all the way up to 18 inches from customers. Personally I hope it is 0 inches. I have gotten quite used to my nice mild Fort Collins winters. Snow is for the mountains.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

A snowy birthday blessing...!

Anonymous said...

Only twice on your bday? Sheesh, I've worked most birthdays! Well, except for my 21st--which photographs offer the only true recollection...