Wednesday, November 8

"I am not even supposed to be here today."

Currently the planets have aligned and Wednesday is usually my day off. The day that I am not required to enter 144 S. Mason St in Old Town Fort Collins. Most weeks I force myself to not come down just so I can sharpen the saw a bit. But this week there was just too much to do. The day started with some additions to the portrait project. Six total.

Maybe I should say a few words on the portrait project. It started with an idea. A big idea. I thought about that idea for a long time. Pretty much all summer. I just could not come up with a way to make it manageable. The idea was to walk around Fort Collins with Everyday Joe's cups and take pictures of people holding them. Then make posters out of them to hang in the coffee shop. A great a idea. Though a bit complicated and expensive. Having posters printed on a single poster basis is about $15 to $20.

What you see on our wall is very basic. I take pictures of people who are willing with a simple point and shoot camera. Download them and do some editing with Photoshop. Then print them on cheap card stock on our HP 812C Deskjet printer. Trim and hang. Simple. And it seems people are digging it.




Those are just a few of them. I am approaching about 30 of them. I plan on doing it as long as I am here and I find a way to display them. So if your interested please drop me a line and lets take some pictures.

What I like about the portrait project is that it involves people, coffee, and art. Three of the most basic things here at Everyday Joe's.

Now back to my day off. After the portraits I did the daily deposit of money. Then had a meeting. Then lunch. The over to the Northern Colorado AIDS project to drop off a donation check. This month we decided to give NCAP $100. After that is was over to Downtown ACE for some table repair supplies. One of our round tables finally gave up so I had to patch it together to help make it last a bit more. And now I sit writing this blog.

Let me leave you with a bit of coffee trivia: Brazil is the largest coffee producer. Roughly 28 hundreds of millions of pounds per year. Followed by Colombia with 18.

Dickens Out.

*I'll give a free cup of coffee to the FIRST person that can tell me what movie the title of this blog's line is from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clerks. Duh.
Give it to whoever is sitting closest to you.