Wednesday, November 15

Our Friend The Train



It is hard to talk about Everyday Joe's and not talk about the train. And the train can make it hard to talk at Everyday Joe's. The train is very much a part of Everyday Joe's. I usually describe it has a love/hate relationship.

We love the train because of the character it brings. The loud horn in the distance. The sound of the crossing signals. And the slight rumble of the ground as it passes. And lets not forget all the interesting items loaded on the train. From tanks, humvees, and canons, to jet airplanes in pieces, the train will randomly give you something interesting to watch go by.

It also has its downsides though. Sometimes that train horn can make your ears feel like they are going to bleed. And sometimes when you want to run to the bank across the street you must wait 10 minutes or so for the train to go by, then wait for the back up of car traffic to clear.

I have learned though that part of the train can be a blessing. Two weeks ago I was doing the back deposit and my day was rushed one. Like all days I had more to do than hours of the day will allow. Sometimes this can get me a bit frazzled. The train forced me to come back to myself, to be still. I sat of the curb and just watched the train cars go by. It really changed my whole day for the better. And that is when I discovered that I was thankful for the train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I *love* the train. I'll take character over convenience any day.